Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Closure

I've never really been good with this, but it's been such a blessing from God to finally have closure with Malachi over what happened.  The first time we talked today, we were able to discuss some things, and I felt a lot better afterwards.  We came to an understanding about things, and I think both of us were glad to have a peaceful ending.  And then.... anti-closure.  He called again saying that what we are doing is stupid, and that he wants me back.  And that he wasn't going to take no for an answer.  I was so upset!  I felt like he'd just thrown our previous conversation out the window.  He tried telling me how he'd been praying a lot about it and he thinks we should get back together.  How could he do this?  How could he put me in that kind of position?  Of course I said no, and that I would pray about it, but I was so frustrated and confused.

From there I went straight to dinner.  Nothing like going from complete uncertainty and frustration into a social situation :P  I left early from dinner so I could get back to my room to seek God's will.  I sat on my bed with my Bible and computer open.  In a Word document I went through the "worksheet" from yesterday, trying to figure out how I felt.  I still wasn't hearing from God, and that just added to my frustration.  Talk about pressure!  I have to decide whether to stay broken up with my boyfriend or get back together, and God was keeping quiet.  NOT HELPFUL.  I mean, I'm trying to seek God and what He has for me.  And He was the one who told me to break up in the first place.  *sigh*  I did feel a little better after figuring out all my feelings and what I needed to do, though.  Though I knew I needed to pray, I felt God was saying that I needed to just rest for a bit, so I left everything out and took a nap.  I woke up just in time to leave for a track event with my friends, but when we found out it was cancelled I was able to return to my room and pray.  I may not have been the nicest to God in the beginning, but thank goodness He is patient and forgiving!  In His still, small voice I received my answer.  There was a good reason we broke up, and it needs to stay that way for a bit.  I had complete peace about it; the moment was beautiful.

I was nervous about calling Malachi back and discussing this with him, but God was at work again.  Malachi was understanding, he listened to everything I had to say, and he even apologized for his last call.  We came to an even better understanding, and even discussed a couple concerns about each other before leaving.  We left in peace, and had true closure about it all.  I was able to tell a couple of my teammates about it, and I was happy the rest of the night.  All I can say is, I know that God is faithful.

1 comment:

  1. God really is faithful. And rarely does He guide us through each word and decision. He wants us to seek Him and He WILL turn us away when we're making honest bad decisions.

    Once you feel a "No" from Him, just know He won't take it back. :) You're being faithful. Just like David. Even when David asked God to do ridiculous things, God called David "a man after my heart" because David constantly went to God -- even when he felt abandoned. So what you're doing is not only good, it's great. God will respond. And He'll open up doors and do things you couldn't have ever thought of in your dark moments.

    ReplyDelete