Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Consistency

I told him there needs to be consistency.  He told me how he wanted to change, and I told him I needed to see those consistency with those changes before we can get back together.  But how do I measure consistency?  By time?  If so, then how long do I wait?  That's how I wanted to do it; just give it time, and if things are meant to work out then they will.  But that's so indefinite, and I am not a patient person.  It's so hard to measure by time anyways.  What if all the changes I'm looking for are fixed and things are going well?  How long do I wait?  How do I define consistency in that circumstance?

How else would I define consistency?  What should I be looking for?  I guess I'm confused by the standards I set.  I suppose I don't really know what I AM looking for.  I just want things to be better.  I don't want to get back together and fall into the same old pattern.  I don't want to resume dating and have things stop improving because "things are good enough now."

Prayers and wisdom are appreciated.

2 comments: